David White Company was founded in 1895 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. Its founder, David White, was born in Hungary on September 26, 1874. His occupation was that of an instrument maker and, after immigrating to the U.S., he originated the company with the help of established relatives in the Milwaukee area. In 1900, he organized a partnership with Charles Klaweither, manufacturing drawing and surveying instruments. The company was incorporated on June 22, 1912. Its products became widely recognized for craftsmanship in specialized optics.
Today, the David White name continues to provide productivity tools for leveling, layout and measuring in the construction and surveying industries. Its comprehensive line of products includes:
• Rotating construction lasers including manual and self-leveling models.
• Optical instruments including levels, level-transits, automatic levels and automatic level-transits.
• Tripods including premium, performance, value line and specialty models.
• Standard, metric and direct elevation leveling rods in wood, fiberglass and aluminum.
• Miscellaneous products and accessories including laser detectors, torpedo level lasers,hand levels, plumb bobs and more.